Friday, August 13, 2010

Stuff I Know (in no particular order)

Oh my God, I won tickets to see the movie 'Flip', which looked really cute and would have been a fun night out with Kylie...and then we got the flu, and I forgot to pick up the tickets, and completely forgot about the movie. I *never* win anything. Ever. Like Kylie would say..."FAIL!"

I am #74 in line at the library for season one of Mad Men on DVD. I actually don't really care if I ever get it...because it could take an entire year and I'm not a big TV fan anyway...but I need something to watch while I'm on the treadmill. I just find it interesting that there are so many people waiting to see this DVD...and yet there is no one waiting on season two. Wonder why that is?

Sam did so awesome on the first day of potty training! And then the next day she held it in until she finally just peed all over the floor, after making a trip to the potty every 20 minutes for nearly 4 hours. Ah...part of me is laughing and the other part of me is wondering what on earth it will take for this kid to catch on. Maybe she's smarter than me? Maybe she realizes that it's much easier to just pee in a diaper and have someone else deal with it? Hmm...

One of my jobs is moving to the west end, and I think there may be the possibility of getting some more hours if the doctor can find another doctor who wants to work evenings. I really love the work, I mean I really really love it, so that could be cool.

It has been raining off and on for the last few days, and raining hard! Scott is inundated with tons of water-loss claims for flooded basements. And yesterday morning he woke up with my flu...

Scott's birthday is coming up and we've decided to invite a few friends over for an adult get-together. Part of me is looking forward to it, but as usual...I like the first 2 hours and then I lose all interest and want everyone to go home lol! Woohoo, I'm a party animal! Hey, here's some good reading: Self-Promotion for Introverts . This article is really directed at the corporate go-getter (which you all know I am, ha ha) but it also explains how my mind works when I'm faced with a get-together...be it a company Christmas party or a staff-meeting.

One last thing...would it be crappy parenting to insist that Kylie watches an episode of Jersey Shore with me, so that I can instill in her the fact that I never want to see her act like those kids, ever?? Because I'm seriously thinking about it.

No comments: