- worked today. I don't normally work during the week but someone needed the day off...and what the heck, why not? Took me 50 minutes to drive what usually takes me 15 minutes. It snowed last night and the roads are CRAAAAP.
- Drug seekers galore in our downtown office today. T4s, percocet, oxycontin, you name it! They're not shy about asking and they don't take no for an answer. Even though the dr has explained to them many times that they will not refill their prescriptions anymore...day after day, it's the same thing.
- One of these drug seekers stole another patient's boots. It's snowing and mucky, so we ask the patients to remove their boots at the door...no way would I leave my $250 Uggs sitting in a doorway of a downtown clinic, but some people are trusting I guess. That patient had to go home in Dollarama flip-flops from our slipper box while the drug seeker went home in $250 Uggs. The doctor had me call the pharmacy to block her antibiotic prescription until she returned the boots, but it was too late. Man, I'd be pissed if I was that patient!
- Scott is stuck in Medicine Hat because (a) the highway is in super-crappy driving condition and (b) the ass-hats at the Chevy dealership have not fixed the truck, and he brought it to them on Tuesday because something in the transmission is messed up. They didn't even look at it until today, knowing full well that he had to leave to go home tomorrow. Now they won't have the part to fix it until Monday. Oh, did I mention that Scott has been gone for nearly a week on business? Yeah. Sucks.
I miss my guy :( .
- The brightest part of my day: getting to my mom's to pick up Sam and her running to me...throwing her arms around my neck and saying, "Let's go home now!". I'm so grateful that I don't have to work every day...man, so grateful indeed.
Well, I'm going to bed now. Pizza day at school tomorrow, selling lollipops after school...compiling sausage orders over the weekend. Oh, I started Jake's freezer-paper-stencil shirt, wanna see?
...took more paint than I thought, but it will look good once the red bow tie and buttons go on. It's a tuxedo shirt (remember those?) but with a modern edge. Fancy.