Saturday, June 6, 2009

3 posts in one night!

Can't sleep...Kylie's friend is sleeping over, but there's not much sleeping going on...

Last week, I took Kylie out of school for the afternoon so that we could visit the Koshashin exhibit at the Edmonton Art Gallery. Koshashin is a Japanese word meaning 'old photography', and I only know that because I Googled it lol. Kylie enjoyed it immensely...in fact, there were grade 8 classes there on a field trip who just rolled their eyes and acted silly, while Kylie walked from room to room, soaking it all in. She loved it.

When we got home, we Googled 'Koshashin', and found a koshashin generator here (in the upper right-hand corner, you can toggle from Japanese to English). We uploaded some pictures that we took last summer and she chose one to hi-lite with some pencil crayons. I think it turned out pretty cool...

Before (I actually can't find the *exact* picture right now):
Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

I'm going to frame it and display it in my bedroom, which is decorated with the kids' art projects. I liked doing this with her...reminds me of the days when Kylie thought it was cool to do crafts with me. Now I'm useless to her lol...

No comments: