Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome to the Poop Deck!

Ok, seriously...I've had that post title in my head for three and a half years!!! LOL...*sigh*...finally.

There just aren't enough pirate-themed rooms out there. Who says that you can only do a pirate theme in little kid's bedrooms??? Huh???

So after nearly 4 years in this house, I picked up some frames and laminated the kid's art work so that (hopefully) the moisture doesn't wreck them. Matted with scrapbook paper (because God knows I won't use it for scrapbooking lol) and decorated with stickers. Kylie did the treasure map, and Jacob did the Jolly Roger flag. The sign above the pictures was bought for 60% off after Halloween at Michael's and I love it because it announces a "booty contest" in my bathroom lol. I apologise for the poor pictures, I was trying to cut down on the reflections in the frames.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I went to Home Depot, looking for skinny shelves for my pirate duckies, and didn't find a stupid thing! I really despise that place. Not the point lol. I bought these little wooden trays from Dollarama and painted them black, and Scott figured out the placement. I still need to paint the screws black so they don't stand out so much, but I am onto other things. Get off my back already lol!

...oh, and I put this really stinky air freshener in the bathroom that smells like coconut and cherries. Now it smells like a tropical island. Maybe it should smell more like pirates? Ew, can you imagine???

9 comments:

Josie said...

That is seriosly one of the cutest bathrooms I have ever seen! You dont know how to knit or crochet? That shocks me! You are so crafty! I swear it is so easy though! (do not buy a book, they are a waste of money! Just look on Utube for videos!) If I can do it, you can for sure do it!

Liane said...

I love your pirate theme bathroom! You are the best mom ever! Now you just need a real parrot, some bouys and a fishing net too. Good thing it doesn't smell like pirates, though!

Kylie's Mom said...

Thanks to you both :D .

Josie, I can cast on and knit or crochet a scarf...yeah, that's it. Oh, once I crocheted some baby hats for the hospital but they were way too big. I just couldn't follow a pattern, I can't figure out all the symbols...it's like reading Greek or something.

Liane..."you are the best mom ever!". Tell me something I don't know lol.

D said...

Awesome. Are there pirate hats to wear while doing "business." I like the food trays turned wall decoration.

Crafty crafty!

Nico said...

Your pirate stuff is just too cool!

Princesstefer said...

Halloween is the bestest time of the year to shop for decor. lol (and dressup) Last Halloween I picked up a pirate flag, more spider webs and bats for Sean's room. Your bathroom looks great!

Coolcook said...

You have been so busy since I have been gone to NYC kicking up my heels and partying my face off.
By the way I answered the question about the Piccata recipe did you get it? This blog is so different than the other one. I am not skilled on this one so everything may be in outer space by now. I like the new look of you blog, very modern and colourful. By the way the bathroom is to die for, I totally love it.
jake

Kylie's Mom said...

Thanks for the great comments everyone! Anytime any of you come to my place, I'll gladly give you a tour of my bathroom :D .

Jake, I didn't get anything in re: to the piccata recipe. I'm going to try it this weekend though.

Frankly, I'm surprised the blog background worked lol.

Princesstefer said...

Was just visiting the site of a store I enjoy (in Victoria) and saw these: http://iloveduckies.com/html/pirate2.htm