Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday

This past Friday night, Kylie was feeling better so we left Sam at Scott's parent's house and trekked off to the theatre down the street. My God, there were so many people there! I had no idea that Twilight was opening the same day, and the theatre was wall-to-wall teen-aged girls! Unreal!

We were about 3/4 of the way through the movie when the call came in -- Sam had barfed all over Gramma, all over the floor, and all over the furniture :( . I stayed with the kids to finish the movie, while Scott went back to get our girl. She was a little wound-up, and clingy, but ok. Actually she hasn't barfed since, but I haven't given her any cow's milk, either. Just nursing and a bit of watered down apple juice (which she doesn't like anyway). Later that night, Kylie and I were betting each other, what time would Jacob throw up??? I took the 'between 10 and midnight' time frame while Kylie chose 'between midnight and 6 am' time frame. He never did get sick.

Saturday night, Kylie got sick again, and now it's Monday: Jacob is at school, Scott is in bed (couldn't get up this morning), Sam is hugging my leg and I'm a bit sore...but ok. This flu hit us like a ton of bricks. I have so much to do today: figure out the winner of the Grey Cup pool ticket raffle, count the hot lunch money and organize a deposit, roll the coin, and do up the monthly financial report for the Parent Council meeting on Thursday.

But I think I'll just lay around and convalesce instead...I've used up all of my energy in typing this.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

3 comments:

Mackey said...

My hubby was throwing up so bad Fri night/early sat am we had to take him to N.E Clinic.
it was coming out of both ends actually. ( I know TMI) :P
He is just starting to feel better today.

Nico said...

Oh no! I hope that you are all feeling better soon :)

Neonjake said...

I wonder what the flu shot is supposed to be for if not the "flu".
Geez can't those researchers get anything right. Hope you all feel better soon. "DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS"
jake