Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

The weather was awesome!!! Something like +5, which we hardly ever get. Most kids didn't even wear a jacket, and there's some years we're up to our knees in snow!

Scott decided that he wanted to stay home with Sam to hand out candy, so I took Kylie, Jacob and K's friend M trick-or-treating. Not many houses participating this year...seemed like only every fourth or so house had a porch light on. And not many trick or treaters! Scott had one at 7...then we got two groups of teenagers near 9pm, then I shut off the light. But because there were so few kids out, my kids got handfuls and handfuls of candy at every door.

Kylie's friend M stayed over night, and Jake fell asleep on the couch watching TV. Scott and I were in bed by 9 LOL.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Both big kids were vampires this year. Kylie wanted a store-bought costume (I'm so sad she won't let me sew for her anymore) and Jacob wore a bunch of stuff we had lying around the house...like his Darth Vader black cape and Scott's old vest that I took in just a little bit. Kylie also had to throw a bit of Asian flare into her costume, so we stuck chopsticks in her hair and added a blood-red fan fron China town.

Photobucket
My sock monkey sat on the floor and played, eating Smarties with Scott all evening. Do you know what a baby's diaper looks like after a night of eating colourful chocolate??? Not pretty LOL.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

OOOH! Smartie poo? Now that would be a bold photo post for your blog! LOL..

Great pictures! Glad you had a good Halloween!

Nico said...

I love all of your kids costumes! They look great :) I hope that you all had a great Halloween.