Friday, September 26, 2008

I''m back, baby!

...and I can honestly tell you that Windows Vista sucks.

It's the new operating system that's on our new computer. The old computer was slow and just not cutting it...and when we got a virus, Scott jumped on the opportunity to upgrade. But this computer comes with Vista as its operating system, and a new keyboard that has funny keys all over the place. So my typing is a bit off...coupled with the fact that I'm scared crapless to download anything right now, so I will hold off on downloading the Google toolbar that I depended on for its spell-checking feature.

The last few days, I've been catching up on my sewing, which is almost done (yay)! I still have to take in my bathing suit, which I'm putting off because I've never sewn that type of fabric before and I don't want to butcher my suit too badly. The bottoms need a new waistband and elastic and the top just needs to be taken in in a few places. We want to go swimming this weekend, so I had better get on that.

Jacob had a couple of friends here yesterday...they are brothers, 2 years apart (7 & 5). One has red hair and one has blonde...and the blonde's name is Scott LOL. He's so cute, I could gobble him right up. But I can't, so I just kept feeding him butterscotch chip cookies and telling him jokes. He's so sweet.

Tonight, we are having cheese fondue for supper!!! Yum, my favourite. In a few minutes, I'm taking Gramma shopping for a few ingredients.

Sammy is sitting on the floor at my feet, watching Four Square on TV. She gets so excited when she sees it come on, almost as much as she does for The Big Comfy Couch. Shh...I like Four Square, too. But don't tell LOL.

Have a great day, everyone.

6 comments:

Liane said...

How do you cook your fondue? Do you have one of those fancy warmers? Sounds yummy! I never thought about altering my clothes, I should try that! I usually dump everything in the donate pile but maybe I'll alter them instead.

Nico said...

Yay! Glad to see you back. How I wish I was having dinner at your house tonight, cheese fondue sounds so good :)

Cheerios_Addict said...

mmm...cheesy...

Mackey said...

Fondue?!
Do u have enough for 4 extra people?? i will bring something chocolatey for dessert?!
=)

D said...

You were sitting so high and comfy on my Best Mom Pedestal until this post. Poor little Sammy and her precious moldable mind...watching 4 squares. Tsk tsk tsk. Today I am sad...LOL JK.

Kylie's Mom said...

ROFL!!! Poor Danica, tortured by Four Square...

Thanks, everyone. Fondue was super yummy. I'll post the recipe when Sammy's sleeping.