1. I don't live in the best area of town, as I'm sure everyone already knows. We have signs on the main drag that say, "We Do Not Tolerate Prostitution In This Area. Report Johns to Police". Yesterday, I walked to school to pick up the big kids and there was a "lady" walking down the sidewalk, barefoot, with her hands in the air shouting, "Woohoo!!!!", as if she just scored a goal LOL. Then she would stop, take out a jar of peanut butter from her purse, stick her fingers in and then stick a big scoop in her mouth. Then walk a bit further and repeat LOL. Interesting.
2. A few weeks ago, Jacob put a loonie in a vending machine at Bonnie Doon Mall. Of course, as I predicted to him not 5 seconds earlier, the machine ate his money and he didn't get a toy. So I immediately called the number on the machine, mad because it ate my kid's money. Why do they put the number there if they don't expect anyone to call??? It was a local number, and of course no one called back. I forgot all about it until yesterday...when we received a letter in the mail from Colorado. Inside was a note, apologizing for the inconvenience of losing the money...and taped to the bottom was an American paper dollar LOL! Kylie is completely enthralled with it...she can't believe that other countries have paper one dollar bills. I told her that we used to have them when I was kid, we even had two dollar bills!!! LOL.
3. My mom is 73 years old and she fell on a public bus today (because the driver slammed on the breaks). You would think that the bus driver or someone would ask if she was ok...nope. She got off the bus, sat at the bus stop for 45 minutes until she saw a cab and flagged it down to go home. She's in pain, and walking with a cane again >:( . That sucks. She has two artificial hips...makes me so angry. Not even the stupid bus driver asked if she was ok >:( .
4. I met Scott for lunch today at the mall. When I met him at the table, he was on a call regarding another job. I will admit now, I have anxiety issues and become physically ill when I think of him changing jobs :( . The insurance industry is short on experienced people, like a lot of industries, and he gets calls like this often...but he doesn't tell me about it because he wants to keep me from puking all over his shoes. Which could very well happen if he changes jobs *again*.
5. Supper tonight is buffet style (meaning leftovers). But doesn't buffet sound nicer than saying "leftovers"? I'm hoping that the kids choose the leftover frittata so that I can have the leftover soup.
6. The kids are watching "Night of the Living Jude" from the library. It's a '6teen' episode, where Jude has a dream that all the mall-shoppers and employees have become flesh-eating zombies. A girl just yelled at Jude, "If you die, just remember, I think you're cute!" . That line makes me laugh every time. I'm very easily amused.
7. This time last year, I was experiencing false labour, and wondering...is this it? Will my baby girl come today? Could she just wait one more day so that she can share a birthday with her daddy? Tomorrow is my girl's birthday, and my Scotty's birthday. Although, he says that he doesn't have a birthday anymore because Sammy stole it from him LOL. Yeah, nice try!
18 hours ago