Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday.

"And now for the continuing stoooory..."

Does anyone remember that? I think it was Pigs In Space on the Muppets...but I can't remember how it went exactly, and it is bugging me to no end. It keeps me up at night to be perfectly honest with you lol.

Let me tell you a little story. Once there was this little girl, who was such a miserable hag that I couldn't take her anywhere. It all started when she turned 15 months old. Her poor, inexperienced mother was at her wit's end. Why was her perfect baby screaming and throwing herself on the floor when she didn't get her way? Why was her beautiful girl having such a hard time? What on earth was going on? Should we see the dr?

Fast forward 10 years, and that mother has more experience...and she also has a 15 month old girl again...flailing on the floor when she's not allowed to play with the cordless telephone...screaming at the top of her lungs in Superstore because she's not allowed to throw the bananas at passing shoppers...

Today has been a hard day. My baby is having horrible temper tantrums, while her older brother and sister try to parent her ("No, baby, don't touch the Christmas tree! No, baby, don't touch the TV!"). It has been loud here, and very, very hectic. I had to send the big kids in the basement to play, and let Sam cry it out on the floor, because she wasn't allowed to scribble in her book with a pen.

*Sigh*. I can laugh at the situation now, as I write the day's events in her baby book. My poor baby, all she wanted was the phone...everyone else in the house gets to hold it sometimes, why can't she?

It's late, and everyone is sleeping here. I'm going to bed now, and tomorrow morning we will wrap all of Scott's presents while he's at work. He should be home by 130, and then the party can begin :) .

Good night, everyone.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow,sometimes the world is a mysterious entity. We just marvelled on this very day that our almost 13-month-old has a raring temper when she is removed from something she wants to do. I wondered what the future held for us.. and shuddered a little!!!
Then I spoke with a friend on the phone whose little girl is Sammy's age and she said the temper appeared at around 13 months too. And now I read your post and I can't believe how sometimes blogging can open up a world where you never have to feel all alone!

I guess in the end, that's just the little girls learning to cope with the world around them, and coming to grips with the 'no's' and the fact that they aren't as free as their little hearts wish they were!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family! It's been great getting to know you in 08 and hopefully 09 brings more adventures in blogging!
:)

Kylie's Mom said...

Merry Christmas, Tracey! Hope you and your family have a great holiday.