Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday.

I'm getting a bit behind, I suppose. I have a lot on the go right now, though. Kylie's birthday party is this weekend...her actual birthday isn't until July, but we always have her party with her school friends in June, because the one time we had the party in July not too many kids showed up. That's ok...they're off on vacation, living at their Dad's for the summer, etc. June works just fine.

So to prepare for her party, I've been giving chocolate bar new Naruto wrappers, shopping for treat bag stuffers, and party food. I'm not going all out for this party, though. We're taking the kids swimming and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the weather is nice so that we can just have cupcakes and chips in the park behind the pool. There is definitely something to be said about having parties away from home...way less to clean up, that's for sure. Kylie is inviting boys this year for the first time...and some of those boys run around like their bums are on fire LOL. At least at the park they can run off some of that energy :D .

And my gosh, it was really hard to find fortune cookies for the treat bags. I looked everywhere...and then all of a sudden, they were all over the place! Auntie Sheri was nice enough to pick up a box for us when she found them. We had tossed around the idea of making some fortune cookies with custom fortunes in them, but I just don't have the time or the energy. Store-bought cookies will have to do.

The yearbook is coming along nicely. Today I scanned about 15 different art projects and rounded up a few class pictures. Sometime this week I have to go to the school to take pics of all the kids that were absent on school picture day. So now just waiting for the principal to write up a little inspirational letter to include in there somewhere...then we're good to go to the printers :D .

Supper tonight was Buffet Night...I ripped off that idea from someone else's blog. I don't remember whose (sorry). It's where you take all the leftovers from the fridge, and all the onesies and twosies from the freezer (like I had one salmon fillet kicking around...a few shrimp fingers...3 chicken thighs...a couple of cups of garlic mashed potatoes to make potato puff pancakes with...a few baby-cut carrots...2 cobs of corn). Then you heat/cook it all up and place it on the counter for everyone to serve themselves. The kids love it, and I get to clean out my fridge and freezer. Good times all around.

Well, I'm off to bed a bit early tonight. It's been raining off and on all day, we've even had a tornado watch, and I think the weather is starting to settle into my joints a bit. I'm just sore and achy all over.

Have a great night, everyone!

2 comments:

Nico said...

Wishing you lots of luck with the party planning, it sounds like lots of fun. The buffet night sounds great too, I might have to give that one a try.

I hope that the weather is better for you too. They are calling for rain again today.

D said...

Left over night is in the movie The Incredibles as well. I never do it because my dear husband won't eat left overs (except for maybe ribs)