Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday.

Today is grocery day, so Gramma, Sammy and I are headed off to Superstore. It's mostly for produce and milk...not a super huge trip.

I also have some sewing to do today, a couple of wet bags for the diaper pail. I have a huge pail now, and only have to wash diapers once a week, so it would be nice to have a bag that just goes in the wash...so I don't have to bleach the stupid pail every time I wash diapers. Why didn't I think of this when I was pregnant??? Oh well, that's just the way it goes, I suppose.

We got our property assessment in the mail, and our taxes will be going up more than 20% this year. Which is mildly funny, because a few weeks ago, the city said it might go up as much as 10% and everyone had their panties in a knot. Never in a million years did I think that the shack that I live in would be worth as much as the city is saying it is. Unreal. Not that I could ever sell it for that much...not in this area, anyway. I might have to go out to work just to pay the property taxes :( . I've been offered a job, by the way, in the new school year: lunch lady at my kids' school. It's just one or two days a week, for an hour or so a day.

Well, I'm off. Have a good day, everyone.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow. Diapers only once a week.Do you use a 'wet pail' system? I use a dry pail and do a load every other day. I guess it works for me. Sometimes I stretch it to three days, but it's not the best...
Just thought I would blab, know that I am admiring you and your knowledge...

Nico said...

Have fun grocery shopping! Sorry to hear that your property taxes are on the rise...

Kylie's Mom said...

Thanks, Nico! I actually really like grocery shopping...I get excited on grocery day LOL.

Tracey, I have a really big pop-top garbage can from WalMart and right now I line it with a garbage bag. I do dry pail...the poopies are completely rinsed out before hand, and it doesn't get stinky. Actually it does get a little bit stinky when Sammy's teething, but only when you lift the lid. So we just make sure we close the lid really, really quick LOL.

I just prefer to do our laundry and diapers all on one day, I had one of those small diaper pails before and it felt like all I did was laundry all. the. time.

Kylie's Mom said...

Oh, Tracey...I thought of something else. We bought a front-load washer and that little pail wasn't enough for a full load, they never came out completely clean. So I had to make more diapers, so I needed a bigger diaper pail. OK, I'll stop now LOL.